Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Bars


We had Thanksgiving at work & I have a long commute with a lot of walking... so what to bring, what to bring? I had already decided "something pumpkin" but what? Well amongst the many holiday food emails I received, I got one from Kraft (of all places!) & this recipe hit me as very yummy looking & interesting. The twist that got me was the "crumble-like" aspect to it. The only adaptation I made was I made my own pumpkin pie spice (I never get the ready-made because I love fresh ground nutmeg. There is a huge difference!)


Problem was, I didn't have time to allow the end product to cool, refrigerate & cut it into bars... So I did 1 & 2... & carried the tin to work whole. The result? See picture below... I cracked the top & the entire thing was "U" shaped. Good thing, as always, it is the taste that counts because these were Delish... Oh, & sorry about the pics. I took them with my Blackberry AT work, before they were gobbled up.

Happy Thanksgiving!
<3 Lishie

Pumpkin Pie Bars
slightly adapted from Kraft


  • 1-1/3c  flour
  • 3/4c  sugar, divided
  • 1/2 c  packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 c  cold butter, cut up
  • 1 c  old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
  • 1/2 c  chopped pecans
  • 1 pkg.  (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 can  (15 oz.) pumpkin   
  • 1 tsp FRESH ground nutmeg  
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon  
  • 1 tsp ground ginger  
  • 1 tsp ground allspiceHeat oven to 350°F.
  • Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Mix flour, 1/4 c granulated sugar & brown sugar in medium bowl until blended; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats & nuts.
     
    Reserve 1c  oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min. Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar, eggs, pumpkin & all of the spices with mixer until blended; pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. 

    Bake 25 min.; cool 10 min. Use foil to transfer dessert from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
    Refrigerate. 


     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment