Monday, November 19, 2012

Chicken A L'Orange

I know everyone is talking turkey & I am over here all chicken, chicken, chicken... But we wait near Thanksgiving to have the turkey dinner, all the sides, etc. Then we appreciate it more. And, I am always looking for a change-up to our chicken dinners. So when I saw this twisted upgrade on Julia Child's Duck L'Orange in Women's Day magazine I knew it was one to try. Citrus & my family go together well. Give this a try when you are a little tired of turkey, I promise it will perk up your menu!!!

Happy Thanksgiving prepping...

<3 Lishie

 Chicken A L'Orange Recipe
slightly adapted from Women's Day
  • 3 shallots, peeled & diced small
  • 2 TBSp olive oil
  • Kosher salt
  • Pepper
  • 1 lb chicken pieces (I used drumsticks)
  • 1/4 c orange marmalade
  • TBSp white wine vinegar
  • TBSp chopped fresh rosemary
Heat the broiler. In a broiler-safe pan, toss the shallots, 1 TBSp oil & s & p.
In a bowl, whisk together the marmalade, vinegar, rosemary, remaining tablespoon oil & more s & p. Add the chicken pieces; toss to coat.
Place the chicken mixture in the readied pan, nestling the pieces among the shallots. Broil until chicken is cooked through and browned and shallots are tender, about 30 minutes, turning the chicken pieces halfway through. Serve with green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment