adapted from Giada De Laurentiis/Food Network
- 1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 vadalia or sweet onion, diced small
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into 1/4" rounds
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed & cut into 1/2" rounds
- 1 lb spinach & zucchini rotelle pasta
- 1/2 c ricotta cheese, at room temperature (4 oz)
- 1 TBSp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp salt, plus extra for seasoning
Cook the pasta to box instructions.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots & a sprinkle of salt. Cook until the carrots begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the zucchini & another pinch of salt. Cook until carrots & zucchini are tender. I like the zucchini to be nearly translucent. Add the zucchini mixture to the pasta.
For the dressing: mix together the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest & salt in a small bowl until smooth. Mix the dressing into the pasta.