Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Pops with Googly Eyes ~"Area 51"


When something looks easy, beware. It probably is once you get the hang of it but it almost always takes time. Lots of time. And I can vouch that these adorable aliens that made up my Area 51 for my toddler Gabriel’s Spaced themed, 3rd Birthday Party were easy but tedious!

I wanted to infuse a little whimsy into Astronaut Training with some alien dudes.
So "Area 51" was worked into the party.

<3 Lishie

Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Pops with Googly Eyes
  • Lollipop Sticks- Small or Large (I used Small, for tiny hands)
  • 1 bag of large marshmallows
  • 1 bag of Wilton White Candy Melts or White Chocolate Chips
  • 1 package Wilton Candy Eyeballs

Melt the candy melts to package directions (or the white chocolate chips over a double boiler not letting the chocolate touch the heat source). I used the Candy Melts. melted in a pyrex bowl, in the microwave.

While the chocolate is melting, prep your pops- place a marshmallow on each stick.

When the chocolate candy is melted, dip the entire marshmallow in it. Allow the melted candy to drip off a bit, &, using a spatula, smooth the melted chocolate around the marshmallow to take away the excess that remains. Pop the candy eye or eyes on, hold for a moment while the hot candy begins to solidify, then stick/prop the pop in something.

For display, I took the sturdy top of a beautiful gift box & popped holes in it. I then papered the box with my theme & “popped” the aliens into the holes through the paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment