Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bread Crumb Pasta

Beware- carb overload! I make this sparingly because pasta in itself makes me happy not to mention bread. I saw Giada make this recipe a few years ago on her show & the first time I cooked it, used orecchiette too but since we tend to love bowtie pasta, use it instead & it tastes just as good! I lightly toast the breadcrumbs so they do not get too oily. I also recommend adding pancetta or something else too but sometimes, it is just the perfect side like this...

<3 Lishie



Pasta with Toasted Bread Crumbs
adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
  • 1 pound dried pasta
  • 3/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2/3 c Italian seasoned dried bread crumbs
  • Sea salt & pepper
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan
In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water. Cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saute pan, heat the oil until warm. Since the bread crumbs will cook quickly, you don't want to add them into a hot pan, otherwise they can burn. Add the bread crumbs & stir constantly. Season lightly with salt & pepper since flavored bread crumbs may already have seasoning. Saute for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat & set aside.
Drain pasta in a colander. Working quickly, add pasta to the saute pan & stir to combine. Add Parmesan & pour into large serving bowl.

1 comment:

  1. Bow ties are my favorite shape; but I have mostly
    switched over to whole grain pasta; have not found this shape yet!

    ReplyDelete