Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Bunny Cookies


I love to sending in goodies to my little one's preschool class. I've had these chocolate chip shape cookies on my radar since St. Patrick's Day & want to change up the cupcake thing. I am really going to call these "abstract" bunny cookies but they taste great!!! Ha ha. I also attempted to make Easter eggs but they came out looking like, well, chocolate chip cookies :)

Everyone have a blessed Holy Thursday.

<3 Lishie

Easter Bunny Cookies 

slightly adapted from Nestle

  • 1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1/2 c packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 c granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 2 1/2 c a-p flour
  • 2 c (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels (I used the pastel pink & yellow ones + milk chocolate)
  • 1 tube of decorative frosting or gel.
Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract & salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in morsels. Shape dough into 2 round discs; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm. *Lishie tip- I'd suggest placing the dough in the freezer- makes it easier & more pliable to work it.

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Roll each disc to 1/4" thickness between two sheets of waxed paper. Cut into *bunny* (or any) shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate.



These are the Bunny Pockets I made to send in to Gabriel's classmates. I think they came out cute! I placed a fruit treat in each & on the back there's a label saying, "Hoppy Easter, ______" Love, Gabriel.

No comments:

Post a Comment