Monday, August 13, 2012

One Ingredient Banana "Ice Cream"

So who is on Pinterest? :::Raising Hand!!!::: (FOLLOW ME: Lishie) I try to only pin ideas I will use & this was one of those things I had seen in passing from the blog Come Together Kids. I had 5 overly ripe bananas- this heat is terrible on the produce!- & my pre-schooler loves bananas. So, I thought, this is the time to try "banana ice cream". I made it a different way because I just didn't consult the blog post... Anywhichway this is done should have the same results but I wonder if mine would have been more yellow if I'd done it Laura's way?! 

Gabriel was not keen on the texture but he really doesn't like ice cream so I think that has more to do with it... I ended up using the "ice cream" as the base of a smoothie, together with pear juice, vanilla yogurt & strawberries. You may want to try this though if you have a banana AND ice cream loving child it would be a win-win since it is so healthy.
<3 Lishie

One Ingredient Banana "Ice Cream"
  • 3-5 Ripe to Overripe Bananas
Blend the the bananas until they are completely smooth. Place in a freezer safe, airtight container. Freeze & serve.

3 comments: