Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mike Wazowski / Monsters University Treats

 It is the last day of my son's extended school year (ESY) *I cannot believe it! Summer's going so fast!!!* & I always like to make treats for the kiddies. It's been really hot so I have been on strike lately & I had bought this Limited Edition Monsters University Cereal. So since one of my little G's favorite things so far this this summer was the Monsters University movie, I thought hmmm fun marshmallow treats! They came about in the form of the movie's one-eyed, co-star, Mike Wazowski.Hope the kids like them!

<3 Lishie
G' mommy

Mike Wazowski / Monsters University Treats
  • 1 - 10oz bag marshmallows
  • 3 TBSp butter
  • 1 tsp green food coloring
  • 1 box of Monster's University cereal Kelloggs (or Rice Krispies)
  • Candy eyes (from Wilton)

Microwave melt the marshmallows & butter in a large bowl- 1-1 & 1/2 minutes, high... Sprinkle in the green food coloring & fold the marshmallows in onto the green until combined. Add the cereal then flatten the mixture onto a sprayed pan or sprayed parchment paper on the counter. Allow to set & cut out the shapes (the heads) with a round cookie cutter or empty, clean tin can... Wedge a candy eye into the middle in a glop of marshmallow. 
*Lishie tip- I find it easiest to spray the bowl before using & to spray a nice sized spatula too before using with melted marshmallows.





No comments:

Post a Comment