Thursday, October 20, 2011

Leek & Potato Soup

I love leeks. And I love potatoes. You know where this love note is going... I especially LOVE  leek & potato soup! This Saveur Magazine recipe is so simple yet delicious. Warning, I drain the water so I get a really thick soup. I like it that way- you may want to thin it out. I add grated parmesan but the suggested fresh chives would also be good. This is a hearty & easy soup for a very rainy, wet Autumn working night! <3 Lishie



Leek & Potato Soup
from Saveur Magazine
  • 3 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced or diced
  • 5 leeks, trimmed, cleaned, then thinly sliced, including 
  •    the tender green part
  • Salt
  • 4–6 tbsp. whipping cream
Put potatoes, leeks, salt to taste, and 8 cups of water in a large saucepan over medium heat & simmer, partially covered, until vegetables are tender, 40–50 minutes.

Mash vegetables in the soup with a fork, or pass the soup through a food mill. Correct seasoning with salt.

Off heat, just before serving, stir in the cream by spoonfuls. Pour soup into a tureen or soup bowls. 
*Here I added a little freshly grated parmesan cheese. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment