Monday, January 24, 2011

"Wingsday"... Go, Buffalo Chicken fries, Go!

Sundays are great with a thoughtful homily tying Go Green! into prayer & then some Squoosh-time (my toddler Gabriel)... followed by grocery shopping, prepping, chopping, steaming & cooking... Then topped with a football game & Big Love.

Sunday steaming: sweet potatoes & carrots... For dinner: I made Buffalo Chicken Fries for the hubby which we had with my Father-in-law's famous potato salad (YUM):

Buffalo Chicken "Fries"



  • 12 oz. Frank's hot sauce
  • 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts  (slice into strips that are about 3/4" thickness)
  • S & P1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • Canola oil to fry

Whisk together hot sauce, butter, and honey in a large bowl.

Dunk chicken strips in flour (seasoned w/ S & P) & shake off the excess flour.
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high; saute all of the chicken strips until browned (about a couple minutes per side) & then transfer strips hot sauce mixture and toss to coat. 


Did I mention "I" can't eat them? Or that I do not like the smell of hot sauce? Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment